I am the mother of a small dog; I say mother, because she is my heart and soul. I say small, because she is 10 pounds of personality and love. I have often heard others claim that small dogs are “useless” or not real dogs, which is completely untrue. I have five reasons why families and singles should consider the small dog.
- Size matters and it costs. The larger the dog the bigger bills (and other things) they create. This includes food, shots, necessities and medicines.
- Lap dogs may seem lazy, but it imagine it from their point of view; everything is bigger than them and they’re constantly trying to keep up; using double the energy in the process. And, a cuddle buddy is the best to have during long winters, hard break-ups, and during scary movies.
- Small dogs are excellent guards and doorbells. Whether it’s a plumber or prowler a small dog will let its master know someone is there. This also means that anyone at the door will be announced, properly.
- Small dogs are not necessarily yipper’s and yapper’s. Each dog is reflection of their master. If you allow your dog to bark non-stop, it will.
- Small dogs are more accessible. Children and adults are generally not as afraid of a small dog, which helps them make friends, go on adventures, and hide in purses.
Small dogs are still dogs; digging, sniffing, bacon finding, running, jumping, loyal, loving and glorious. They are awesome pets for families and singles alike, which is why I choose to defend them. So, don’t discount the dog or puppy just because it’s a small dog, give the little guy or gal a chance to steal your heart and become your best friend.