Dogs bring us a great deal of joy and unconditional love, so why not get the best bed available for your pet? Whether he’s a best friend to your children or your sole housemate, he’s part of your family. Naturally, you’ll want your canine companion to be as happy and comfortable as possible as he curls up to sleep at night. Purchasing the right dog bed is a vital part of ensuring your best friend’s happiness. We have found that Orvis dog bed gives your dog the needed comfort at the right price.
A dog bed needs to be comfortable for your pet, look good in your home, made with quality materials that the company stands behind, and all of these at a price that doesn’t break the bank. The Orvis dog bed does this, and more.
What is the Orvis Dog Bed?
Orvis dog beds give your dog a whole lot to love. The supportive 4 inch-thick memory foam cushion is calibrated and designed specifically for canines, promising to reduce pressure on joints, support muscles, and improve circulation while providing a sense of security and ultimate comfort for your dog. Additionally, the velvety-soft microfiber cover, combined with piping along the bolster edges, looks as good as it feels. You can even personalize your dog bed with machine embroidery.
Orvis dog beds have stacked bolsters, creating more space for your dog to lean into, and refuse to cave in or flop over under your dog’s weight, increasing their sense of security and comfort. The deep, removable cushion creates a supportive nook for your dog and is constructed to stay securely in place. Piping along the bolster edges ensures that this bed will look great among your home furniture. Orvis dog beds with memory foam support joints and muscles, relieve pressure points and improve circulation. This is especially beneficial for older dogs and larger breeds.
Orvis dog beds’ open-cell foam is a single piece and is designed specifically to support a dog’s body shape and weight distribution. Low-VOC CertiPUR-US-certified foam is made without formaldehyde, phthalates or heavy metals. A hypoallergenic, water-resistant liner keeps the memory foam clean and dry, and it unzips for easy removal and washing if your dog has an accident. The durable, furniture-grade polyester microfiber cover is quilted for extra comfort and easy care. Simply unzip to remove and toss in your home washing machine.
Orvis dog beds come in several sizes and styles to accommodate your dog. They range in prices from around $100 to $350, depending on the features and size.
How it Compares
We picked a few similar products available on the market to see how they compare.
- Aramark Pet Bed Mat
- Big Barker Dog Bed
- FurHaven Pet Dog Bed
Orvis Memory Foam Couch Dog Bed
- Designed with extra care, your pet's comfort is our priority. Your dog will get a solid...
- Water-resistant liner and human-grade mattress foam, this orthopedic bed has been put to...
- Bed Size: 36 x 28 x 9 inch, Mattress thickness 4 inch. Huge clearance is perfect for a...
This product can be purchased for around $65 to $170, depending on the size and features
The Orvis dog bed is made with quality materials and constructed with attention to detail. It is machine washable and sturdy.
Orvis backs all of its products with a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee or your money back.
- Sturdy bolsters for comfort
- Foam is made without formaldehyde, phthalates or heavy metals
- Hypoallergenic, water-resistant liner
- Cover unzips for easy machine washing
- Memory foam not as thick as expected
Aramark Pet Bed Mat
- heavy duty canvas and Soft Plush with waterproof and skid free base
- Zippered opening for easy cover removal waterproof lining for easy cleaning
- Dimensions: 49-inchL by 35-inchW by 8-inchH
AeroMark manufactures the Armarkat brand of dog beds. For the last 20 years, Armarkat has been internationally recognized as the most reliable brand for quality, endurance, and style at affordable prices. As the innovator in the field, AeroMark offers the deepest line of ergonomic pet beds in an increasing array of colors and fabrics. The Armarkat product line is both pet-centric and pet-friendly.
Only pet-friendly materials, harmless to pets and their pet parents, are used in fabrication. You can be sure that your product is not only well-designed but durable and safely constructed. Additionally, this pet bed is built to last. The Armarkat line of Pet Beds range from the most practical to the most luxurious. Soft, cozy Pet Bed covers are washable, resilient and stain resistant. These models are uniquely designed to provide the best feline or canine lounging experience that you will find. Customer service with AeroMark is dependable and fast, dedicated to satisfying all of your pet’s resting needs.
This product can be purchased from $25 to $100, depending on the size and style.
The Aramark pet bed is made to last with durable construction and quality materials. Bed covers are machine washable and stain resistant. It comes with a waterproof and skid-free base.
Aramark Pet Beds have a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee or your money back.
- Heavy duty canvas and Soft Plush with waterproof and skid-free base
- Zippered opening for easy cover removal waterproof lining for easy cleaning
- Item will expand after opening from packaging as it is compressed
- Slight crinkle noise from underlayment
- Weak zipper
- Memory foam only expands to 5.5 in., not 7 in. as advertized
Big Barker Dog Bed
- CALIBRATED FOR BIG DOGS: Available in Large, XL, Giant XXL dog bed sizes. Too powerful for...
- 10 YEAR WARRANTY: Foam will retain 90% of original shape & loft for 10 years or your money...
- WON'T FLATTEN: American made therapeutic foam is the best quality you'll find in...
Meet the famous Big Barker, the dog bed that is calibrated specifically for large dogs. The Big Barker provides incredible support and comfort, can’t flatten over time, is easy to clean, and has a stylish design that looks great in your home. Big Barker makes dog beds precisely engineered to provide perfectly distributed weight support for extreme comfort and durability. The bed looks like a beautiful piece of furniture and feels like a high-end velvety couch on your skin. It is also easy to clean, as you just need to unzip the machine washable cover.
This option is made with 7 in. of American-made therapeutic foam, the same foam used in expensive furniture. The Big Barker supports every curve of a big dog’s body. Big dogs don’t sink through the bed, and full-grown humans feel comfortable laying on it. Our foam is durable, comfortable, and meets CertiPUR-US standards for content, emissions and durability. It has also been analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories. The bed won’t flatten, and its famous foam will retain at least 90 percent of its shape and support for the next 10 years, or Big Barker will replace it!
Most other “orthopedic” dog beds are mass produced in a factory and use Chinese-made foam. They’re less expensive, but you’ll quickly feel the difference. Dog beds with cheap memory foam flatten quickly, so you’ll be buying a new bed shortly. Plus, fillers have been found in imported foam. You don’t want your dog sleeping on toxins.
Ideal for dogs of all ages, the Big Barker provides extra relief to dogs suffering from joint pain, recovering from surgery, or living with conditions like arthritis, hip dysplasia or other joint, bone or muscle disorders. Viewed using advanced sensor technology, you can see that Big Barker’s structure eliminates painful pressure points (bright yellow areas) found in normal dog beds. Its durability allows for you to protect and keep your dog comfortable for a whole decade!
Are you sick and tired of dog beds that flatten like pancakes? When a dog bed flattens, all support properties vanish, and it becomes just as uncomfortable as a sleeping bag on a hardwood floor. That’s why the Big Barker was engineered with durability in mind, so it can protect your big dog for at least 10 years without the bed losing any of its uniquely supportive power.
This product is available on Amazon for around $199 to $350, depending on the size and options selected
The manufacturer of the Big Barker line of pet beds is so confident in their product, backing it with a 10-year guarantee. This bed was designed specifically for the needs of larger breeds to help them lay in comfort with no pressure points.
The Big Barker dog bed has a 10-year guarantee that the foam will keep 90 percent of the original shape or your money back.
- Specially calibrated for bigger dogs: available in Large, XL, Giant XXL
- 10-year guarantee: foam will retain 90 percent of original shape and loft for a whole decade
- American made orthopedic foam is the highest quality you’ll find in a dog bed: won’t flatten or pancake over time.
- Handmade in the U.S. by craftsmen with over 30 years of experience
- Easy to clean and machine washable
- 100-percent microfiber cover: soft to the touch and looks great in your home
- No water proof liner
FurHaven Pet Dog Bed
- PERFECT FOR CUDDLING: The Furhaven Deluxe Traditional Mattress Pet Dog Bed features an...
- SLEEP SURFACE: Plush curly faux fur fabric covers the open sleep surface. The material is...
- EASY ON JOINTS: The egg-crate foam base helps to evenly distribute body weight, soothe...
Give your best friend the support he needs with a luxuriously soft NAP pet bed Ultra Plush Deluxe Ortho Mat dog bed by FurHaven. This pet bed features a deep, convolute (or “egg-crate”)-styled foam core. The FurHaven pet bed soothes pressure points and supports joints so that your pet can enjoy a deeper, more restorative sleep. The plush faux fur sleep surface is soft on noses and paws. The stylish suede-like gusseting hides dirt and hair. The bed comes with a water-resistant base and easy step-on mat design for smaller, older or disabled pets. The zippered, removable cover is machine washable, and the foam core is hand washable.This pet bed is ideal for medium to large dogs who like to sprawl and snooze the day away. Pamper your pet with a FurHaven NAP orthopedic pet bed mattress. FurHaven’s Deluxe Orthopedic Mattresses feature a water-resistant poly-canvas base to protect your floor from accidents. Featuring an easy, step-on design, this dog bed mattress provides easy access on and off the bed. The convoluted foam relieves pressure points and allows for better circulation.
This product is available on Amazon for around $25 to $60, depending on the size and options selected.
This is a foam mattress made in China with similar materials to the egg crate cover for mattresses. The bed is not as durable as some others on the list.
No warranty information is available.
- Made from CertiPUR-US Certified Polyurethane Foam
- Provides joint support and soothes pressure points for a deeper, more restorative sleep
- Ultra-plush sleep surface is soft on noses and paws
- Protects furniture and floors from dander, dirt, and fur
- Zippered, removable cover is machine washable
- Bed can be completely flattened after a few days of use
- No liner to protect the foam center
- Not very thick
- Zipper for cover is weak
- Not recommended for pets with teething behavior
The best pet bed for the money is the Orvis dog bed. It comes with a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee, has hundreds of 5-star reviews, and is a good quality midrange product. Although we pick the Orvis dog bed as the front-runner for the best pet bed, there are two others on our list that we were most impressed with. First, the Armarkat brand of dog beds has an amazing warranty, a large number of good reviews, and is a good value for the money. We found very few customer issues with this bed. Being expensive does bring it down a few points. This dog bed is the king of memory foam beds with a full 7 in. of foam, many features, durable cover and amazing 10-year guarantee on the bed. In the end, the Orvis dog bed won out for overall best value in our review.
Featured Image Source: Unsplash.com