Dogs are people too! Well, almost. Still, it would be wrong to leave them out of the festivities. Whether you’re celebrating Christmas or the Festival of Lights, these dog stocking stuffers can let your pup know you’re thinking of them, too.
Don’t Just Buy Any Toy
Just because it has a squeaker in it doesn’t mean it’s right for your dog. If your dog’s going to use it, then it needs to be safe and size-appropriate.
Also, dog toys should allow your dog to engage in natural behaviors like chewing, tugging, and chasing.
Often a dog will prefer one of these over the others. But whatever your dog’s favorite way to play, we have their holidays covered.
Recommended Read: Best Outdoor Dog Bed 2020 Reviews
Dog Stocking Stuffers for Large and XL Breeds
We like big mutts, and we can’t deny it. But big dogs have big mouths and teeth. And they can make mincemeat out of toys for smaller dogs.
That’s not just an end to the fun. It can also be dangerous.
Toys made with large dogs in mind are not just bigger. They’re also able to stand up to the kind of punishment that only large breeds can dish out.
Dog stocking stuffers: Fetch toys
Some dogs are born to chase and retrieve. A game of fetch scratches that itch. It’s even better when you have the right fetch toys on hand.
Banfeng Giant 9.5″ Dog Tennis Ball
A lot of dogs love to chase balls. And a lot of big dogs really love a giant ball.
The Banfeng Giant 9.5-inch ball is a tennis ball that’s larger than an average person’s head.
If you’re tired of Fido chewing holes in your basketballs and soccer balls, why not give him a big, bouncy ball of his own?
- Material: Made of rubber and felt material.
- Non toxic, non-abrasive felt is safe for your dog's teeth - these dog balls are for all...
- Perfect ball :This tennis ball is a great excises toy for creating great memories with...
KONG – Classic Dog Toy
Some dogs want it all: to chase, fetch, and chew. The Kong Classic allows them to do just that.
You can throw it, roll it, or bounce it. You and your dog will have hours of fun.
Even better, you can fill it with healthy homemade treats when it’s time to settle down.
This tough rubber toy is a USA product. And it comes in sizes appropriate for extra-large, large, medium, and small dogs.
- Instinctual Needs: The KONG Classic red rubber toy helps satisfy dogs' instinctual needs...
- Fetch Toy: The KONG Classic's unpredictable bounce makes for exciting games of fetch and...
- Great For Stuffing: The stuffable KONG Classic is even more enticing when treat filled...
Toys to tug and chew
Chewing is a natural behavior, and not just when it comes to eating. Some dogs chew to comfort themselves. Conversely, others may chew out of boredom or loneliness.
Tugging is a surprisingly complex behavior with a variety of social purposes. Science aside, though, a lot of dogs think it’s good fun.
Several toys allow you to indulge your dog’s needs to both chew and tug. And they’re fun for us, too.
BLUEISLAND Dog Rope Toys for Aggressive Chewers
Is your dog an aggressive chewer? Then give her something to sink her teeth into.
This thick, sturdy 100 percent cotton rope toy can help your dog channel that chewing urge into something constructive: a way to bond with you!
As a bonus, this simple, heavy-duty toy also satisfies your dog’s urges to tug, chase, and fetch.
Best of all, this one is specifically for big dogs.
- Safe and Tough Dog Toys - This rope dog toy is made from 100% nature washable cotton, safe...
- Extra Large Dog Rope Toys for Large Dog - design for large dog and aggressive chewers, 3...
- 100% Satisfaction - Our dog rope toy is nearly indestructible, but in rare cases,...
Nylabone Dental Dinosaur Chew Toy
Nylabone is a household name when those households have a large breed dog.
The Nylabone Dental Dinosaur Chew Toy not only provides a fun outlet for that chewing urge. It also promotes dental health.
Made in the USA, this tough nylon toy has a nubbed texture that reduces tartar and plaque. Also, the chicken and beef flavors mean your dog will love to chew it.
- MADE OF DURABLE NYLON – Long lasting dog chew toy challenges even the most aggressive...
- PROMOTES DOG DENTAL HEALTH – Ridges and nubs help prevent plaque and tartar buildup as...
- MADE IN THE USA – Dog chew toy is proudly made in the United States
Food toys and puzzles combine a dog’s favorite thing: food with a game. And that can go a long way toward staving off boredom.
Also, eating too fast can cause obesity, tummy upset, bloat. Food puzzles can also help your dog to slow down while chowing down.
Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slo Bowl
The Outward Hound slow feeder dog bowl turns mealtime into a game.
This durable puzzle bowl comes in five different designs and a rainbow of colors. What’s more, there are sizes available for small, medium, large, and extra-large dogs.
These bowls are durable plastic, free of BPA, PVC, and phthalates.
If your dog tends to “wolf” his or her meals, this bowl will show them how to slow down and enjoy their food.
- SLOWS DOWN EATING UP TO 10X: Outward Hound uniquely designed Fun Feeder dog bowls feature...
- AIDS IN PROPER DIGESTION: Common issues that arise in fasting eating dogs include...
- MADE WITH NON-SLIP BASE AND FOOD SAFE MATERIALS: Outward Hound's Fun Feeder Slo Bowl, slow...
StarMark Bob-A-Lot Interactive Dog Toy
Dogs, like all of us, should be careful when it comes to between-meal snacks. The StarMark Bob-a-Lot provides mental stimulation and interactive play without ruining your dog’s appetite.
StarMark Academy is a world-renowned provider of training for dogs and aspiring dog trainers. Their line of USA products is safe and high-quality.
This tough-wearing toy is appropriate for dogs of all sizes.
- Exercises and feeds your dog at the same time
- The Large bottom Chamber fits up to 3 cups of Food - enough for a full meal
- Adjustable openings at the top and bottom accommodate most types of dog Food and allow you...
Beds and furniture
Does your dog like to get on the furniture? Do you wish he or she wouldn’t? Then why not buy your dog some furniture of their own?
Furhaven Pet – Plush Orthopedic Sofa, L-Shaped Chaise Couch
All right, it can’t fit into a stocking. But this plush orthopedic dog sofa can give your best friend a soft place from which to watch you open your presents.
It is a bed for big dogs. Orthopedic egg-crate foam cushions joints and muscles, and a bolster adds to the feeling of coziness.
And best of all, the soft, easily removable faux fur and faux suede cover is machine washable.
- PET FRIENDLY DESIGN: The bed features an L-shaped chaise design with dual bolsters that...
- SLEEP SURFACE: The sleep surface is lined with ultra plush faux fur, while the bolsters...
- EASY ON JOINTS: The egg crate orthopedic foam helps cushion pressure points, distribute...
Dog Stocking Stuffers for Medium Breeds
Your medium dog is anything but average. So their toys should be above average as well! Here are some unique dog stocking stuffers for medium-sized dogs.
Dog stocking stuffers: Fetch toys
Does your medium-sized dog live to run and fetch? Here are some fetch toys you might not have seen before.
Chuckit Ball Launcher
If your arm gets tired from constantly throwing that ball, this toy is as much for you as it is for your dog.
The Chuckit Ball Launcher can send your ball farther than your arm alone. Not only that, but it’s for hands-free pick up, so you don’t have to touch the slobber.
It’s fun for you and fun for your dog, so don’t forget the No products found.!
- Tennis Ball Launcher: The Classic Launcher enhances fetch by upgrading throwing speed &...
- Durable Ball Thrower: Launch muddy & slimy balls while keeping your hands clean.
- Pet Toys: Get ready for bonding & fun with your dogs & cats! Check out a variety of our...
Toys to tug and chew
Big dogs aren’t the only ones who like to tug and chew. Find tugging and chewing toys for your medium-sized dog right here.
ZippyPaws – Woodland Friends Burrow, Interactive Squeaky Hide and Seek Plush Dog Toy
This cheerful family of chipmunks and their log home may look like your average plush toy. But it’s a bit more interesting than that because it’s also a puzzle!
Poke the chipmunks into their holes and let your dog figure out how to make them come out and play. The chipmunks all have squeakers to reward your dog when the job is done.
Choose between a log full of chipmunks or a den of cute hedgehogs.
- INTERACTIVE TOY - Large interactive puzzle toy challenges your dog
- ENTERTAINED AND OCCUPIED - Keeps your dog entertained and occupied
- 3 CHIPMUNKS INCLUDED - 3 squeaky chipmunks included
Sharlovy Dog Chew Toys for Puppies Teething
Maybe your dog is like a dragon and likes to have a hoard of treasure. This 14-piece chew and tug toy set can fill your pup’s treasure chest.
Does your dog like rope balls and tugs? This multi-pack has them. What about plushies? It has them, too. And there are even some food puzzles and a tooth-cleaning toy in there, as well.
- SUPER VALUE SETS FOR ALL OCCASIONS: 14 pack pet toys for dogs, contains 9 COTTON TUG ROPE...
- DOG TEETHING TOY FOR PUPPIES: Dogs have a strong desire to chew everything in the house...
- DOG TRAINING TOYS FOR SMALL DOG: A tired dog is a good dog. Chasing rubber frisbee is...
Food toys and puzzles
Challenge your dog’s mind and skills with food toys.
PAW5: Wooly Snuffle Mat
A snuffle mat like this one from PAW5 provides entertainment and enrichment.
Here’s how it works.
You hide food or treats in the wooly bristles. Then you turn your dog loose to find it.
This game activates several natural behaviors, including digging, foraging, and using their sense of smell.
PAW5 handmakes their snuffle mats with non-toxic materials. And if that’s not enough, they’re machine washable, too.
- Engage your dog’s sense of smell: puts your dog’s nose and brain to work by mimicking...
- Simply challenging: encourages natural foraging skills
- Easy-to-fill feeding mat: fun-to-use design and durable construction
CALHNNA Pet IQ Intelligent Toy
Where’s the treat?
This interactive treat dispenser is great for brain training, boredom busting, and good, clean fun! You can even adjust the difficulty to suit your dog’s growing IQ.
This food puzzle is a durable, safe, and non-toxic PVC. Also, it’s hand-washable and for a medium-sized dog.
- 🆕【COLORFUL DESIGN FOR DOGS】This interactive dog toys was designed strategically...
- 🆕【SLOW FEEDER】The dog puzzle toys is a great way to slow down meal times to improve...
- 🆕【Durable, Safe and Easy Clean】 This puppy treat dispensing toy is made of...
Furniture for your medium dog
Your medium sized dog deserves a comfy place to rest this holiday season. And if they aren’t allowed on the furniture, they’ll really appreciate having a soft space of their own.
Best Friends by Sheri: The Original Calming Donut Dog Bed
Can you picture anything more comfortable than this soft, shaggy, plushy donut-shaped bed?
This cuddly bed snuggles and cradles your pup in ultimate comfort.
The outside is a machine-washable, non-toxic, nylon faux fur, and the inside is non-toxic. Even better, there’s a water-resistant, dirt-resistant bottom to keep accidents from reaching your floor.
- SUPPORTS BETTER SLEEP: Thanks to its round shape, our high-quality zippered Donut Cuddler...
- SUPERIOR COMFORT: Cozy, flexible, and finished with vegan faux shag fur, our warming...
- VERSATILE DESIGN and MAINTENANCE: Available in beautifully natural colors, our cat and dog...
Dog Stocking Stuffers for Small Breeds
Small dogs can have big personalities — and bigger play drives! In order to pamper your pint-sized pet, you’ll need tough toys sized just for them.
Dog stocking stuffers: Fetch toys
Many small breed dogs are descendants of hunting dogs. As a result, digging and fetching is in their blood. Help to satisfy their natural urges with some of this fabulous small-dog fetch toys.
Gnawsome 2.5” Spiky Squeaker Ball Dog Toy
In general, a small dog needs a small ball. But that doesn’t mean that the ball doesn’t need to be tough.
These small dog balls from Gnawsome are BPA food-grade thermoplastic rubber. Inside is a squeaker suspended in water.
These little balls are big fun. Coupled with the fun, the soft spikes promote gum and dental health. Plus, they come in a rainbow of colors.
- Royal Pet Inc. presents the 2.5-Inch TPR Squeaker Ball for Dogs from their awesome...
- Gnawsome Squeaker Balls feature a loud internal squeaker, and features a gum-massaging,...
- The highly vivid colors are ideal for engaging with your dog day or night, soft, safe and...
Chuckit Indoor Ball Dog Toys
Some small dogs live a pampered indoor life. But that doesn’t mean that they don’t like to chase a ball from time to time.
Chuckit’s indoor dog balls are soft and plushy. They’re also durable for long-lasting indoor fun. And the soft chenille construction makes them ideal for small dogs and puppies.
- INDOOR SAFE DOG TOY: The durable dog ball plush dog toy features lightweight design that...
- DURABLE DESIGN: For long-lasting use as an indoor fetch toy, the indoor dog toy features a...
- PET TOYS: Get ready for bonding & fun with your dogs & cats! Check out a variety of our...
Toys to tug and chew
Small dogs like a good chew as much as anyone. Here are some of our favorites.
KOL Dog Plush Toys Dog Chew
Could your tiny terror earn a place on the Olympic Squeaker Removal Team? These interactive plush squeaky toys will give them a run for their money.
A soft outside conceals tough construction. And crinkle paper just below the surface provides a satisfying texture and sound. Plus, the knots in the legs give them hours of chewing fun.
Choose a cute elephant or a mighty mouse.
- Waterproof Material & Soft and cuddly: The plush dog toy is made of high quality and...
- Squeaky Toy: Squeaky dog toys will create a loud crisp sound when you squeeze it and its...
- Interactive Toy: Just image that your dog stay at home alone when you go to work, he must...
Recommended Read: How to Clean Dog Ears with Hydrogen Peroxide
Food toys and puzzles
A small dog often has an active mind. Food toys and puzzles can keep them satisfied on both fronts.
Nina Ottosson by Outward Hound – Interactive Puzzle Game Dog Toys
Some small breeds are exceptionally clever. That means that boredom can be a problem. As a result, your dog can suffer from anxiety and may even become destructive.
Puzzles like this interactive treat dispenser can help.
Keep in mind; this is a complicated toy. To get the treat, your dog will need to slide sliders, flip open containers, and lift lids.
It’s hours of mind-enhancing, boredom busting fun.
Is your tiny terror up to the challenge?
- BOREDOM BUSTER INTERACTIVE DOG TOY: As one of our most popular intermediate level 2...
- FLIP, LIFT, & SLIDE TO HIDE TREATS: The Nina Ottosson Dog Brick comes with 3 types of...
- ENCOURAGES POSITIVE PLAY HABITS: This fun and rewarding puzzle is great for reducing...
Furniture for your small dog
Your small dog can feel like a big star on this luxurious sofa built just for them.
The raised design keeps your dog clear of drafts, while the soft, plushy cushions provide ultimate comfort. A built-in pocket holds treats and favorite toys.
Equally important, the cushion cover comes off easily for laundering.
- 2” legs lift bed off floor, keeping your pet draft free
- Perfect for pets who like to curl when they sleep
- Storage pocket for toys and bones
Who’s a Lucky Dog?
Obviously, your dog is the lucky one, as now their human has a panoply of dog stocking stuffers to choose from.
Which gifts have hit the mark for your pooch? We’d love to hear about it!
Featured Image by Kostya Naddubov from Pexels
Last update on 2021-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API